FAMEHOG’S SERVICE. FameHog is a provider of on-line services offering the transmission, routing and/or providing of connections for digital online communications, between or among points specified by a Website user, of material of the user’s choosing, and without modification to the content of the material as sent or received.
Specifically, FameHog, through the Website operates an online network of services where Members can post resumes, photos, videos, audio tracks, news, press and contact information, connect with other professionals and access classifieds. FameHog provides a limited space and use “free page,” and, for a fee, a larger, all services access, and more fully customizable “Members page.”
FEES. FameHog charges a flat fee to its Members to create and maintain a Member’s “page” on the Website. Members determine the content and format of their postings. The Schedule of Fees and Member Packages is found at this link, click here.
THIRD PARTY LINKS. The Website may contain links to unaffiliated websites operated by parties other than FameHog. FameHog may license content from the Website for use by these third-party website operators. FameHog makes no representation or endorsement of these third-party websites. Your use or access of any such third-party website is at your own risk..
USE OF INTERACTIVE COMMUNITIES AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Website, including FameHog’s on-line network of services, contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and other message and communication facilities (“Communities”).
FameHog does not control the files, information, postings, or messages (collectively, “Information”) delivered to or displayed by Members in the Communities unless specified otherwise therein. Be aware that use of this Website may result in the public disclosure of your personal information to third parties on the Internet, such as through a Member’s posting of messages on open message boards.
FAMEHOG ASSUMES NO DUTY TO, AND DOES NOT, MONITOR OR ENDORSE INFORMATION WITHIN THE COMMUNITIES, NOR DOES FAMEHOG REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THE TRUTHFULNESS, ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY THEREOF OR THAT THE INFORMATION COMPLIES WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
FAMEHOG RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ALL TIMES THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO EDIT, REFUSE TO POST, OR TO REMOVE ANY INFORMATION, IN WHOLE OR PART, THAT FAMEHOG DEEMS INAPPROPRIATE FOR INCLUSION IN THE COMMUNITIES. FAMEHOG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EXPEL YOU FROM OR SUSPEND YOUR ACCESS TO SOME OR ALL OF THE COMMUNITIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF LAW OR THIS AGREEMENT.
THE COMMUNITIES ARE PUBLIC AND NOT PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS AND MAY BE READ BY OTHERS WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, PERMISSION, OR CONSENT. ALTHOUGH A PARTICULAR COMMUNITY MAY HAVE A POLICY OF LIMITED MEMBERSHIP OR ACCESS, FAMEHOG SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY IF UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS NEVERTHELESS OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE COMMUNITY. YOUR USE OF THE COMMUNITIES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT REGISTER FOR MEMBERSHIP WITH US. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY US AT ANY TIME, EFFECTIVE UPON NOTICE TO YOU, WHICH NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN PROVIDED UPON OUR POSTING OF THE CURRENT VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT ON THE SERVICE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR SERVICES FOLLOWING SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND SECURITY. At the time of registration, you will be asked for a user name, an email address, mailing address, billing address, and password. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their user names and passwords.
As a Member, you are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your user name and password, including the accuracy and completeness of all content that you (or anyone using your account) submit, post or transmit through the Website. As a Member, you further agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your user name and/or password or any other breach of security related to the FameHog’s services.
FAMEHOG CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO ADEQUATELY SAFEGUARD YOUR USER NAME, AND/OR PASSWORD, OR TO OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION.
MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES. In providing us with information during the registration process, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted and to maintain and update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete at all times. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we reasonably believe so, we may suspend or terminate your access to the Website and your use of FameHog’s services. FameHog may, at its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to provide any current or future services to you.
By registering as a Member, you agree and acknowledge that your access to and/or use of the FameHog services are for personal, NONCOMMERCIAL PURPOSES only. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Services, or to access or use the Services for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
TERMINATION: This Agreement will remain in full force and effect so long as you are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time by sending us written or email notice of termination. Either Member or FameHog may terminate your membership by removing your profile, at any time, for any reason, with or without explanation, effective upon sending written or email notice to the other party. Termination of your Membership does not entitle you to, nor shall FameHog be liable to you for, any refund of any unused portion of any subscription payments we have received from you, and we may continue to bar your use of the our service in the future. Even after membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
A Member’s request for termination shall be deemed and constitute a request that FameHog remove immediately all material posted by Member on the Website.
ACCEPTABLE CONTENT POLICY; MEMBER CONDUCT. By registering as a Member, you agree that you will NOT use the Website or any other FameHog services to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Website;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Website or any other of the FameHog’s services, or servers or networks connected to those services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- Stalk or otherwise harass others;
- Collect or store personal data about other users; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION. FameHog is committed to protecting copyrights and expects its Members to do the same.
The federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. §512 (the “DMCA”), provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under United States copyright law.
If you believe that any material used or displayed on or through the Website or other FameHog services infringes upon your copyright, then you may send a written notice to FameHog’s Copyright Agent requesting that the material be removed or its access blocked. Pursuant to the DCMA, your Notice is to include the following:
Counter-Notice. If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send a written Counter-Notice to FameHog’s Copyright Agent that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
DMCA Notices and Counter-Notices should be sent to:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who initially provided notice of the alleged infringement.
Jason Hamer, Copyright Agent
P.O. Box #282
Burbank CA 91503-0282
ADVERTISERS. FameHog markets itself to providers of industry-related goods and services. Those advertisers and providers pay FameHog for listings appearing on and/or accessible through the Website.
Advertisement banners and other forms of advertising exist and are displayed on the Website. FameHog is neither responsible for the claims or representations made by any advertiser on the Website nor is it responsible for the products and services of advertisers on the Website. Furthermore, the mere presence of an advertiser on this Website does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or sponsorship of any advertiser by FameHog or the Website in any respect unless expressly indicated otherwise.
INDEMNITY BY MEMBER: By registering as a Member, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless FameHog and its officers, directors, managers, members, employees, agents, attorneys, third parties, and affiliates and subsidiaries, from and for any and all claims, demands, causes of action, obligations, losses, costs, liabilities or expenses, of any type or kind, relating to or arising out of your use of the Website and/or any other services of the FameHog, including:
(1) your breach of this Agreement; (2) any allegation that any materials that you submit, transmit or post to the Website infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and (3) your activities in connection with FameHog’s services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
RELEASE FROM DISPUTES WITH OTHER MEMBERS: If you have a dispute with one or more of our Members, you hereby release FameHog, and our officers, directors, managers, members, agents, attorneys, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees, from any claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
ONLINE CONTENT: Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Website, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SERVICE. WE NEITHER ADOPT NOR ENDORSE, NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR, THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN US. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY PERSON'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICE OR TRANSMITTED TO MEMBERS.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR THE MATERIALS POSTED IN THE PUBLIC AREAS OF THE WEBSITE. WE SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY SUCH MATERIAL THAT, IN FAMEHOG’S SOLE DISCRETION, VIOLATES, OR IS ALLEGED TO VIOLATE, ANY LAW OR THIS AGREEMENT.
NOTWITHSTANDING THIS RIGHT, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIALS YOU POST IN THE PUBLIC AREAS OF THE WEBSITE AND IN YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL MESSAGES. EMAILS SENT BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC MAY BE REVIEWED BY US FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT, BUT WILL BE TREATED BY US AS PRIVATE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property rights in and to the Website and its services are and shall be owned by FameHog, absolutely. Those rights include, but are not limited to, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), patents, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, wherever existing in the world, together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the Service are the property of their respective owners.
DISCLAIMERS: WE PROVIDE THE SERVICE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND GRANT NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVES, OR US OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. WE DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY.
Although each Member must agree to these terms and conditions, FameHog cannot and does guarantee, represent or warrant, that each Member is at least the required minimum age, nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Service by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. Also, it is possible that other Members or users, including unauthorized users, or “hackers,” may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials through the Website and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive or obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of our service. These other persons or entities may use your information for purposes other than what you intended. By registering as a Member, you acknowledge, understand and agree that FameHog is not, and shall not be, responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose or transmit through the Website.
You, alone, are responsible for selecting the type of information that you post on the Website or release to others. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS OR USERS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED USERS), WHETHER SUCH ACTS OR OMISSIONS OCCUR DURING THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL FAMEHOG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY OF THE FAMEHOG’S SERVICES, EVEN IF FAMEHOG OR FAMEHOG’S PRINCIPALS, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
WE DO NOT CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS OR OTHERWISE SCREEN MEMBERS REGISTERING TO THE SERVICE IN ANY WAY. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING BY NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF FAMEHOG’S SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH AND/OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER MEMBER OR ANY INDIVIDUAL YOU MEET VIA FAMEHOG’S SERVICES.
COMPLAINTS: To resolve a complaint regarding your Membership, the Website, or any of FameHog’s other services, please first contact our customer service department by email at email@example.com or by mail at P.O. Box #282
Burbank CA 91503-0282.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Website shall be deemed solely based in California. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and exclusive venue in the state and federal courts of the State of California, City of Los Angeles with regard to any and all claims by you arising out of or related to the Website.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS: FameHog’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision. In such case, the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Bill Inquiries and Refunds. If you believe you have been billed in error for your Membership, please notify us within 60 days of the billing date by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds and credits will NOT be issued after the expiration of this 60-day period, except where required by law or regulation.
P.O. Box #282
Burbank CA 91503-0282